Peter Matthews, CEO and Founder of Realtair is my guest in this episode. Pete has a long history in real estate as an agent – as a very successful principal of a group of offices, time as an exec in a big real estate franchise, and he still gets on the tools and before COVID-19 isolation could be found auctioning properties most weekends. So Peter really knows the pain points that agents experience in their day-to-day running of listing and selling. And his tech solution Realtair is an extraordinarily powerful tool in how it addresses that pain. Now as Peter explains in this episode, if agents can streamline and standardise the 267 processes in their businesses they need to do for every transaction, it frees them up from the soul-destroying admin and allows them to deliver much better services.
This is an extremely positive and inspiring episode of the Proptech Podcast where Peter also talks about how isolation has forced us to embrace innovation and what the restart is going to look like. So restart, reboot – it’s what we need to start thinking about.
(Apologies for missing timestamps)
1. The Realtair elevator pitch and how Realtair’s four key products connect the 267 separate processes that agents do for every transaction.
2. The Realtair products broken down
3. What is middleware – and how helps you get more value out of your existing tech systems.
4. Peter talks about the inefficiencies he could see in his own three businesses and the potential to scale the solutions.
5. How leadership and the documentation of real estate processes are connected – mistaking a lack of process for ‘personal service’.
6. The benefits of middleware in time savings around the transaction
7. Homepassport and the benefit of technology to managing settlement
8. Peter explains how so much in real estate is by default, not design and how technology can help us better design processes that support relationships.
9. The business model of Realtair and how the different elements can work together or separately.
10. How online auctions (AuctionNow) fits into the model
11. Peter explains how Covid19 has mobilised agents towards tech solutions
12. The importance of training and onboarding for tech companies and Realtair’s relationship with Lee Woodward.
13. Pete talks about the never ending quest for perfection in proptech
14. Peter discusses Realtair’s participation in Inman Connect in Las Vegas and how he used it to understand why they weren’t ready for the US market yet.
15. Peter is a director of the REINSW. He talks about the role of REIs in the proptech conversation.
16. The importance of transparency and consistency in the buyer experience
17. Peter describes his theory around how real estate – and proptech – will restart post Covid19, including keeping the technology that helped them through and abandoning practices that are legacy rather than genuinely valuable.
18. Could Covid19 be the catalyst that makes property buying an enjoyable experience? Pete discusses the ‘reboot’ real estate needs.
Content marketing strategist, researcher, journalist and presenter specialising in the real estate industry. I'm passionate about proptech, digital disruption and all things property, big data, leadership and entrepreneurial ideas, have an MBA and specialise in social and digital media content creation and automation.